Saturday, May 28, 2011

We all Need One!

A Mentor is someone we look to for guidance and direction. They help you grow as an individual whether it be on a personal or professional level. I don't think you necessarily have to go outright and say to the person you are my mentor, it can be someone you admire and want to emulate and so you study what makes them be successful. When I reflect back at my experience I realise I was in some way being mentored .
I woke up this morning and my mind was on Media Mix, I had the pleasure of working on Royal Palm Estate for a couple of years. It was God's design for me to get that job as I had no connections. I really was just filling in for a few days. A few days  turned into seasons on the set in Kingston and in Ocho Rios.



That picture was taken on the Royal Palm shoot in the country it was one of those rare moments where we snuck in a one minute break before we heard the director scream TALENT!!!!!!!!!!


More after the jump



Thank You Lennie LittleWhite! He saw potential in me, and realised I needed to be developed and he took me on as a part of his production team and trained me. Mr. Little White taught me about true production set etiquette which has laid the foundation for me and helped to make my transition to other sets a walk in the park.

 On the Royal Palm Set, the crew knew they had to be quiet because if a sound was heard we had to do the take again and again because the director was meticulous. As production makeup artist it was my job to be seen and not heard, to not cause disruption, to be always quick and alert to get in and out of the shot. Mr. Little White always said to me, "Sharada you always need to be right here looking at the monitor with me so you can see if the actor needs a touch up, because to the naked eye everything might seem ok but through the camera that nose is shining". I have always been told that I am professional on the set and work quickly and that has to be credited to Lennie Little White, who has helped to mold me into the professional I am today. Thanks Lennie !

Working on a Royal Palm Set you have back to back scenes being shot from morning till night due to time and weather related constraints. When we went on country trips and stayed at  hotels, boy did we wished it was a vacation  to be able to lounge by the pool. That was only in our dreams as we only had time to  say good morning  and goodnight to the staff .Honestly I miss working with the crew it has helped to mold me and toughen me up to work with anyone it is truly the University of getting your feet wet in the industry.
T

The inspector giving me a hug and who do we see in the background Sonny T himself , the ever talented Munair Zacca. It was a great run.... I am glad that I was a part of the Royal Palm Estate history.

3 comments:

  1. Mentors are a blessing! Glad you were able to find one so early in your career! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe they play an important roll, sometimes we just need someone to give us a chance to look and see the potential that lays hidden inside of us. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salomon Shoes Louis Vuitton Outlet Swarovski Outlet Pandora Outlet Bijoux Pandora Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Store Michael Kors Philipp Plein

    Acheter Philipp Plein Kenzo Isabel Marant Isabel Marant Shoes Ray Ban Sunglasses Swarovski Bracelet Cheap NBA Jerseys Chrom Hearts G Star Jeans Oakley Outlet Asics Shoes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...