Thursday, June 23, 2011

Memories


This picture represented the start of building my portfolio. Having moved from Jamaica I realised I needed to have an ever growing portfolio showing what I could do. Anyone can say they do great makeup but where is the proof. That was my dilemma, so I realised I had to get cracking to get my proof. I did the makeup and took the picture with my point and shoot camera. I knew that I needed more , but I had to work with what I had at the time. That is why networking is important.

For those of you who need to build your portfolio, you can start out by working on people you know until you get access to better models and photographers. I recommend joining a site called model mayhem where you can network with models and photographers and trade your time for print. That is a great way to build your port and establish connections in your area.

Check it out, sign up is easy all you have to do is upload a couple of images and await approval from their administrators, it is easy and free!  Let me know how it goes.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...