Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lipstick not just for lips!



Lipstick is a product that can be used other places than the lip, it can act as a blush if you are caught in a jam and have forgotten to apply blush. If you have a lipstick that is a shade deeper than your lips, just dot some on and blend just like you would your cream blush.

Having lipstick handy at times can be a life saver, it certainly saved my life when I was on a shoot. I remember I was on a particular shoot at the beach and I had only taken the bare essentials such as powder and lipstick just in case for a touch up. I had left the heavy kit behind in the crew bus because to walk on the sand with the case would have been horrific. I didn't realise the director had intentions of shooting the talent in the water and so I was not prepared in terms of the right kind of makeup for the face. I was about to panic as I knew I had left the cream shadows and blushes back in the bus.

As I was about to pass out from panic a light bulb went off in my head, I remembered I had the lipstick and it being of a wax like consistency I used it as a blusher on the cheek and applied on the lips and a touch of color on the eyes just for some color and it worked. You live and you learn and I learned that day to try and be prepared for anything. In some cases it does happen where you are caught in a spot just try to be creative and work with what you have at your disposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...