Monday, August 29, 2011

Foundations For Fresh Faced Beauties

Image Courtesy of pinterest









Finding the right foundation for your skin is one of the most important key to having flawless makeup. From my experience finding foundation that fits can be very hit and miss but when you do find the one that matches it feels like you've won a prize. Having worked on various skin tones I have a list of foundations I can personally recommend for women of color which might help in future foundation choices.


#1 Top Pick


Black Opal foundations from my experience are the most versatile product I have come across for women of color. It's number one in my book because, one shade fits a variety of skin tones with minimal blending in of other colors,  which has been the major drawbacks of other products. Black Opal comes in liquid, cream and powder consistencies.


Recommended product: Try out their Oil Blocking Powder, I can attest to the fact that it works wonders in blocking out oil and reducing sweat. Loves it!




#2 Top Pick -
 Mary Kay Foundations


Mary Kay cosmetics have been around for a long time and they seem to have come up with colors that are working. I had the pleasure of using it on my friend as she was getting ready to go out. The color blended flawlessly into her skin and was a great match, where normally I would have to be blending 2 or more colors in to match her skin tone.

#3 Pick

 Maybelline - Fit Me Collection

This product was really a surprise, while working on set I tried out the talent's personal foundation just to see what other products could do. Normally I tend to stick to my products to be on the safe side. Well I was glad that I tried it out as her Maybelline really "Fit" her. It was a beautiful color that worked well with her skin tone.
I ventured onto Maybelline's and tried to match up my  color which came back that I was a 301. So I will be trying it out to let you know if it was a Fit.

These recommendations are based off my experience using the products on clients. if you have had success with other products let me know. I also highly recommend Ben Nye foundations as they are beautiful but the only drawback is that it has to be blended to catch the skin color.

Image of Courtesy of pinterest

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...